PROCESS IS MINE MINE MINE
Using Digital Twins to inject continuous process innovation, making it the envy of the entire flock
Change can be tough, and at times may feel like trial and error. One step forward, two steps back. An improvement here or there may create a bottleneck elsewhere. But what if – by repurposing an existing technology that has been around for a while – you could prototype change in a risk-free environment? Applying a Digital Twin to a business process enables entirely new ways to digitize and reimagine how a Technology Business can identify, measure, and prioritize new ideas for process improvements. And when coupled with feedback from the operational side of the business, it really does forge a new path for continuous, enviable process innovation. You’ll be ready for whatever change comes your way, so you can just keep swimming.
Elle Sanchez Expert in Residence
- Modelling techniques can capture both the process and meta-data required to describe the characteristics of the business operations.
- Process mining technology is used to identify possible process variants (paths), bottlenecks, and exceptions.
- Task mining technology can identify manual activities performed outside core systems causing bottlenecks and consuming resource effort.
- Standardization is driven through visualization and evaluation of where you are today, compared with where you want to be.
- Opportunities for process improvements can be assessed risk-free by simulating outcomes to estimate benefits and ROI before committing to any changes.
- Agile management tools further benefit process improvement to explore, measure, qualify, and manage ideas effectively, enabling the organization to focus on the more value added and high priority initiatives.
- Aker BP deployed the DecisionSpace 365 cloud application, to accelerate their delivery and increase efficiency through automated workflows, multi-scenario analysis and digital twin models.
- Vero Skatt mapped a consistent big picture of the current and target state of their processes, choosing QPR tools to identify bottlenecks and detect overlapping information systems. The organization developed uniformity in language and communication, and created a model of their operations.
- The UK Ministry of Defense (MoD) is working with Improbable to provide a next-generation communication network digital twin to enhance resilience, speed up decision making, and drive efficiencies in support of diverse digital use cases.
- The Renault Group leveraged Google Cloud’s Supply Chain Twin to accelerate the digitisation of production facilities, supply chain, and Industry 4.0 transformation, bringing end-to-end visibility to their supply chains.
- Slovakian health insurance firm, Dôvera implemented UltimateSuite’s Task Mining and RPA solution to optimize up to 30% of cost savings in back office processes.
- Accelerated process design with enhanced virtual collaboration and change transparency using digital process modelling tools to model target processes.
- Higher business case and change impact accuracy by using simulation from Digital Twins to assess process improvement opportunities.
- Evidence-based analytical capabilities to identify process bottlenecks, violations and exceptions with process-mining tools, resulting in faster root cause identification and pragmatic, focused solutions to improve the process.
- A higher implementation success rate through the prioritization and management of improvement opportunities, enabling resources to focus on the highest value-added initiatives