The Experience Economy becomes real, enabling businesses to provide truly frictionless and never seen before “phygital” experiences
Still a fraction too much friction? Hold on tight. The next version of a Technology Business has zero latency, acts in real time and is algorithmically autonomous. It serves its customers and employees whatever they want or need, doing it faster and more beautifully than ever thought possible. All elements of friction removed. Its user experiences are hyper-personalized and truly predictive – almost “psychic” in their ability to read the intentions of the user. It seamlessly enables interactions across both physical and the increasingly diverse digital – call it “phygital” – boundaries, wherever the user may be. As a key part of a future “No Friction” enterprise, such experiences morph themselves autonomously, uncompromising, and relentlessly focused on the customer and employee, no questions asked.
Andreas Sjöström Expert in Residence
- According to Capgemini research into customer experience for Financial Services, 78% of consumers expect to use touchless interactions more, through voice assistants, facial recognition, or apps, compared to just 61% before the pandemic.
- The “Internet of Behavior,” combined with AI technologies, captures data across multiple touch points, deriving deep behavioral patterns into insights, predictions, recommendations, and proactive, actionable steps.
- Using AI and intelligent process automation, actions can be executed in real time without latency or unnecessary friction points, requiring much less human intervention – becoming autonomous and “hands free” – to engage with the user.
- Multiple emerging technologies – including AI, 5G, Intelligent Automation, IoT, and immersive UI technology – create virtual environments that offer real-time, seamless customer and employee experiences across multiple sectors.
- Multi-modal, touchless interfaces increasingly allow humans to communicate with devices using natural means of communication, such as voice, movements, glances, or – eventually – even through thought.
- The Metaverse is coming, combining physical, augmented, and virtual realities. Intersecting trends and technologies, it leverages data from connected devices, omnipresent data, and contextually aware AI systems, creating a unique experience.
- To quickly meet customer expectations, TAB Bank created an open banking platform to streamlines lending processes using MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform, enabling loan processing for SMEs 60 times faster than before.
- Mortenson employed Unity for interactive VR to simulate operating room designs in interactive 3D spaces, allowing clients to visualize and interact with their crucial medical instruments and work areas to ensure optimal layout and ergonomics.
- Polish store chain, Żabka launched its autonomous NanoStore, which leverages AiFi’s AI platform to bring customers a checkout-free, convenient shopping experience.
- Volvo Cars deployed Unity’s VR car configurator as a marketing tool, building immersive 3D experiences to engage car buyers and aid them with their purchase decisions.
- Oakland International Airport installed identity technology and touchless security lanes from CLEAR to give travelers a frictionless travel experience across the US.
- Financial service firms have realized significant benefits, reducing their cost of operations by 13% and increasing revenue per customer by 10% after deploying AI in customer-facing functions.
- AI has also helped deliver improvements in customer satisfaction. Around one in five industry firms (25% for banks and 19% for insurers) have seen a 20 to 40% increase in customer engagement.
- Customers stay more loyal to businesses offering timely, personalized suggestions and updates, which will further drive customer acquisition, retention, and brand loyalty.
- Haptics and sensory technologies help implement touchless interfaces – a post-pandemic prerequisite – but also helps more people to interact with digital solutions, regardless of whether they had the means or capability before.
- AI: Microsoft AI Platform and Azure AI, Google AI Platform, AutoML, AWS AI , IBM Watson Studio, Salesforce Einstein, H2O AI Hybrid Cloud
- API management and microservices: Microsoft API Management, Mulesoft, Apigee API Management, AWS API Management , IBM API Connect, Dell Boomi API Management
- IoT: Microsoft Azure IoT Platform, Google Cloud IoT Core, AWS IoT, Intel Movidius Vision Processing Units (VPUs), SharpEnd
- XR: Unity, Unreal Engine, OpenXR, Microsoft Mixed Reality, Google ARCore, ARKit AWS Sumerian, Wikitude Augmented Reality; BLIPPAR studio, Perfect Corp, UltraLeap